National Research Fund (NRF)
- NRF FREE-STANDING HONOURS SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2016
- NRF/DOL SCARCE SKILLS SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2016
- NRF/DST INNOVATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2016
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is 12 February 2016. No late applications will be accepted.
- The Senate Scholarships and Fellowships Committee will nominate grantees based on the NRF criteria. The NRF makes the final decision based on this recommendation.
- The results of the successful candidates will be available two weeks after the SSFC meeting to be held on 3 March 2016.
- There are a limited number of NRF scholarships and this is a competitive scholarship. However, students are encouraged to apply.
- If you do not receive feedback by the end of March 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- You give the SSFC permission to provide your personal information contained in the application the NRF when required.
- Students should be full time registered for Honours (and some PG diplomas) in 2016.
- The students should have obtained at least 60% in his/final year modules in the preceding academic year to qualify for this bursary.
- Students should not have failed any major subjects/courses taken during the final year of undergraduate study or third year in the case of four year first degree.
- These Bursaries may not be held concurrently with any other NRF or government-funded scholarships.
- The bursary may not be held concurrently any other University of the Western Cape honours bursary.